Once again, the UAB offers high-school students the possibility of doing a research stay at the UAB or in one of the research centers of the UAB campus, to get to know the tasks that are usually carried out in laboratories, departments,or research institutes.
The ICMAB has been collaborating with the Argó Program and hosting students since 2011. The stays provide students with first-hand guidance and advice from the researchers and technicians of the center, as well as the possibility to interact with the researchers and explore the scientific activities they carry out.
At the ICMAB, the students will learn some of the techniques used by researchers to characterize the materials they synthesize, such as:
- transmission (TEM) and scanning (SEM) electron microscopy, with Judith Oró and Ana Esther Carrillo
- magnetometry with Bernat Bozzo
- X-ray diffraction, with Anna Crespi, Joan Esquius and Xavi Campos
- spectroscopy techniques, with Vega Lloveras
- our clean room, the Nanoquim Platform, with Neus Romà, Luigi Morrone and Marta Gerbolés,
- the thermal analysis lab and laboratory safety issues, with Roberta Ceravola
- and the Soft Lab, with Amable Bernabé and David Piña
The students, who have just finished 1st BTX and are working on their Research Project (Treball de Recerca) this year are:
- Irene Moreno, from Ins Escola Industrial, Sabadell
- Albert Fusté, from Ins Vila de Gràcia, Barcelona
- Judit Villegas, from Ins Sant Andreu, Barcelona
- Ferran Monforte, from Escola Daina-Isard, Olesa de Montserrat
- Marta Angulo, from Ins Front Marítim, Barcelona
- Núria Pifarré, from Ins Joan Oró, Lleida
As our previous students, they come from different places, and they don't know eachother, but they all have a common interest: get closer to science and to the world of scientific research. And we are sure that they will be friends after three weeks together!
Welcome #ICMABargó students!