"El salón de las mujeres sabias"
With the aim of stimulating and promoting interest in scientific careers, and being aware of the lack of role models for young students, who soon have to choose their professional future, our proposal provides examples of women scientists from different periods of our history. To this end, and taking into account the target audience (mainly, but not only, high school students), we have opted for a first-person story format, via a dramatized reading by active ICMAB scientists. The role of "salonière" by Émilie du Châtelet (contemporaneous of Voltaire, author of "Las mujeres sabias") is used to jump the barriers of time, bringing together in her living room some wise women from all times and different junctures. They, in a casual and pleasant but rigorous way, explain their life and discoveries, stimulating the interest for science and the social role of women scientists
The project will include the creation of a website, which is already in progress (https://projects.icmab.es/madamechatelet/), social networks (https://www.instagram.com/madamechatelet/) and the creation of promotional material (flyer, video, etc), apart from presenting the work in different formats and events, improving the represenatin (text and slides included) and gathering material for the schools and libraries.
The project will be presented in different events, and represented in multiple spaces, for example:
- Oral communication and poster presentation in the conference "Congrés Dones, Ciència i Tecnologia WSCITECH19" (6-7 March 2019, Terrassa). You can read the communication in Open Access here.
- Representation for the Alumni UB at the Universitat de Barcelona (29 April 2019)
- Poster presentation at the Symposium "Women and Physics" of the "Bienal de Física" organized by RSEF, GMEF (here).
- Representation for the European Researcher's Night in CosmoCaixa (27 September 2019)
- Poster presentation at the conference "Comunicación Social de la Ciencia 2019" (CCSC19) (9-11 October 2019, in Burgos)
- Representation at the ICMAB for the Science Week (14,15 November 2019)
If you are a school teacher, of responsible of a library, or are interested in seeing the dramatised reading, please contact us. You will find the contact information in our website.