The lab tour was dividied in 6 different laboratories:
- Organic photovoltaic device manufacture and soft photonic structures fabrication (chemistry lab, wet deposition, 3D printers, glovebox...)
- Photovoltaic characterization and spectroscopic characterization (characterization of photovoltaic materials: solar simulator, LBIC, EQE, FTIR, Raman imaging, RAMBIC...)
- Organic synthesis laboratory (synthesis of organic semiconductors for molecular electronics, organic electronics and organic photovoltaic applications)
- Thin film oxide fabrication (fabrication of thin oxide films by physical methods such as Pulse Laser Deposition (PLD), characterization through XRD, and characterization of magnetic and optical properties)
- Clean Room (200 m2 clean room labs, with ALD and wet depostion of oxides for photovoltaics)
- Advanced Microscopy for photovoltaics nanoscopic characterization (organic semiconductors and perovskite characterization for electronic and photovoltaic applications)
Thank you to all the researchers and staff who volunteered to organize the lab tour, and special thanks to Mariano Campoy-Quiles, member of the Organizing Committee of the School and coordinator of the event.
About the school
ICFO Schools on the Frontiers of Light aim at giving talented young researchers and students worldwide a first introduction to a thematic research area and a taste of an international research environment. These schools incorporate a dynamic and social learning environment beyond participating in lectures, including group discussions, direct interactions with the lecturers, student talks, poster presentations, and visits to labs.
Hosted at ICFO – the Institute of Photonic Sciences in Barcelona, Spain, and supported by the Fundació Catalunya – La Pedrera • Ignacio Cirac Program Chair, these schools are open to a limited number of students, selected on the basis of academic merit.
The Organising Committee is formed by Prof. Jordi Martorell (ICFO), Prof. Gerasimos Konstantatos (ICFO), Prof. Valerio Pruneri (ICFO), Dr. Mariano Campoy Quiles (ICMAB) and Dr. Robert Sewell (ICFO).