Title: "Photoresponse of ferroelectric BaTiO3 thin films"
Monday, 24 July 2017Time:
Sala d'actes Carles MiravitllesAbstract:
The main objective of this thesis is to understand photoelectric effects on nanometric BaTiO3
thin film and give light on relevant mechanisms that control them, aiming to build a more comprehensive understanding of its properties and to guide potential applications. Photoelectric effects studied in this thesis mainly refer to short-circuit photocurrents (Jsc
) and the effect of light on polarization (P
), focusing on the following aspects:
- Influence of imprint Eimp and depolarization Edep fields on the photoresponse in BaTiO3 thin films.
- Influence of microstructure and surface adsorbates on the photoresponse in BaTiO3 thin films.
- Attempt to narrow the band-gap of BaTiO3 thin films.
- Prof. Josep Fontcuberta Griñó
- Dr. Ignasi Fina Martínez
- President: Dr. Brahim Dkhil, Laboratoire Structures, Propriétés et Modélisation des Solides, CentraleSupélec, Université Paris-Saclay, Paris, France
- Secretary: Dr. Mariano Campoy-Quiles, Department of Nanostructured Materials for Optoelectronics and Energy Harvesting, Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
- Vocal: Dr. Ingrid Cañero Infante, Département de l'électronique, Nanotechnologies de Lyon, Lyon, France