A new position is open at the Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB, CSIC) for a PhD candidate.
This PhD proposal aims to develop a new photovoltaic architecture based on stable, abundant and non-toxic oxide components suitable to be integrated in flexible and wearable devices. The new breakthroughs expected from this project with high gain perspective in the field of photovoltaics may become crucial in the next generation of electronic devices.
To develop the project, the candidate will learn how to prepare inorganic thin films and nanomembranes by cost-effective chemical-based techniques combined with nano-transfer printing technologies.
The researcher will also be involved in device fabrication and characterization using a broad variety of basic and advanced characterization techniques.
The successful candidate will receive a strong multidisciplinary training and work in a dynamic team.
This work will be carried out in the framework of a “Retos Investigación” Spanish project at ICMAB.
- The candidate should hold a degree from a relevant Master course (materials chemistry, physics, nanoscience and nanotechnology, inorganic materials, materials for energy...).
- Experience in inorganic thin film deposition techniques and characterization of optoelectronic properties will be highly valued.
- We are looking for a talented and highly motivated PhD candidate.
- An interdisciplinary outlook is desired and will be encouraged.
- Good communication skills (oral and writing)
- The contract will be full time
- Gross annual salary in the range of other PhD fellowships from the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación
- Tentative starting date: Spring 2022
Application period will be closed once a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae, academic report of the Degree and Master, motivation letter and a list of references with contact details to: