Tips for successful meetings with companies
by Sara Hurst and Anaïs Le Corvec, from Cliclab
Monday, 31 May 2021, from 11:30 am to 1 pm
Online Invited Seminar by Zoom. Register here to attend.
Are your meetings with companies productive? Do you know how to capture their interest? Which skills are necessary to ensure a successful meeting? In this seminar, you will improve awareness about the typical mistakes made when meeting with companies and you will learn some tools and strategies not only to avoid them, but also to achieve win-win meetings.
You will learn some of the answers and tools to questions such as:
- Are your meetings productive? Know the best productive meetings tools
- Do you know how to capture the interest of the company? Speak the same language
- Do you know how to get Win-Win results? Be a strategic negotiator
- Do you know how to prepare the ground well before holding a meeting? Anticipate the play
- Do you know who is the most suitable person to have the meeting? Choose the best players
- Which skills are necessary to ensure a successful meeting? Train your attitude
- Do you know how to present your scientific results? Less is more
- Can you impress and get the Wow? Foster interest and generate the best expectations
Sara Hurst is a proactive proposal writer with nearly 20 years’ experience in writing successful international proposals. She is a self-taught expert in highly competitive European Commission calls and enjoys an above average success rate. In addition, she runs a very successful ‘good grantsmanship’ training package along with other training modules and is regularly called on to share her expertise. Whilst most of her experience is in health she has also had success in other sectors, such as immigration law. A good proposal is a good proposal.
Anaïs Le Corvec has a Business Administration Degree, from the University of Montreal–HEC. She is specialized in international research management, manages the Council of Europeans BioRegions (CEBR is a network of clusters in LifeSciences), has acted as an expert reviewer for entities such as the European Commission, mainly in Health, ICT, Social related projects, and on the impact they generate. She is currently involved in several R&D projects, and international initiatives, as connector, networker and impact specialist.
This seminar is the first of a cycle of Out-of-the-box seminars organized by the Knowledge and Technology Transfer Unit at ICMAB.
Register here to attend by Zoom.