One of the symposia is the "Self-Organization at All Scales: from Nano and Micro Structures to Functional Devices" organized by Agustín Mihi, ICMAB researcher at the NANOPTO group, and grantee of the ENLIGHTMENT ERC Starting Grant project on "Photonic Electrodes for Enhanced Light Matter Interaction in Optoelectronic Devices"
The meeting will take place online, between 9 and 12 March 2021. Registration for oral communication ends on 1 February, and for Poster presentation, on 1 March.
The focus of the symposium will be on the prospects of integrating self-organization into nanofabrication workflow, enabling the design of scalable functional devices. It will cover the fundamental aspects and latest developments in theoretical and experimental studies of self-assembly processes. Special attention will be given to the challenges of predictive material discovery using experimental and computational approaches.
- Fundamental forces driving assembly across all scales
- New forms of self-organized materials via theory and computation
- Optimization of the discoveries of new self-organized materials and assembly processes via artificial intelligence and machine learning approaches
- In situ characterization of the nanoparticle interactions
- Emergent collective properties of assembled structures
- Prospects of integrating self-organization into nanofabrication workflow, enabling the design of scalable functional devices