Open Doors at our Scientific Equipment Platforms: 29 June 2022
We welcome all students, technicians, researchers from universities, technological centers, start ups and companies to visit us on this day to see what we can do for your science!
For each Scientific Equipment Platform, a presentation of the equipment and services will be provided by one of the technicians working in the scientific and technical service.
Then, this short presentation will be followed by a reserach application example, given by one of our researchers working with the equipment for advanced research.
The idea is to show you what our Scientific Equipment Platforms can do for you!
After the talks there will be an open doors visit to the labs, so you will be able to see the equipment and ask questions to the people in charge of them.
Take a look at our programme and register here* (and choose the services you'd like to visit).
Welcome: Carlos Frontera (Scientific Equipment Platforms co-coordinator)
- Bioservice: Miriam de Miguel
- From theory to bio applications at ICMAB: Jordi Faraudo
- Spectroscopic Techniques Laboratory: Vega Lloveras
- Use of UV-Vis and EPR to characterize organic radicals: Yufei Wu
- Low Temperatures and Magnetometry Service: Bernat Bozzo
- Resistive switching and transport measurements in YBCO thin films using a PPMS: Jordi Alcalà
- Scanning Probe Microscopy: Andrés Gómez
- Surface characterization of buffer layers by means of AFM: Cornelia Pop
- Preparation and Characterization of Soft Materials: Amable Bernabé i David Piña
- Preparation and characterization of lipid-based nanovesciles as culture medium for mycoplasma: Sara Garrido Rodríguez
10:30-11:00 Coffee Break
- Electron Microscopy Service: Judith Oró
- Ordered arrays of silver nanoparticles for narrow bandwidth lattice plasmon resonances: Ylli Conti
- Nanoquim: Clean Room Facility: Marta Gerbolés
- Tools for nanofabrication: Aleix Barrera
- Thermal Analysis Laboratory: Roberta Ceravola
- Thermal Analysis (N2 adsorption and TGA) at ICMAB: essential methods for the characterisation of porous and composite materials: Ana López
- Thin Films Laboratory: Raul Solanas
- Thin films for antiferromagnetic memory applications: Alberto Quintana
- X-ray Diffraction Laboratory: Anna Crespi
- XRD a nexus between nanoparticles and thin films: Nico Dix
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy: Isabel Alonso
- Fabrication of inverted silicon pyramid arrays: Luís. A. Pérez
Open doors to the Labs
12:00h-13:00h Visit to the Labs - Open doors visit to our Scientific Equipment Platforms!
This event is organized in the framework of the "Semana de la Administración Abierta" of the Spanish Government to promote the Open Administration (Gobierno Abierto y Transparencia).
*Certificates of attendance will only be given to those who have registered through this form.